Saturday, January 28, 2012

Night of the Comet needed some Rutger Hauer

But! They had the cute and sexy cheerleader Kelli Maroney. I thought I had seen this movie when I was a kid, I didn't remember it at all, though scenes look familiar. It may have been one of those late night cable wake and pass out viewings.

I haven't watched an "actual" 80's horror/sci-fi movie in a long time. This one warmed my cockles. Though I was disappointed in the lack of comet zombies. They had such a fun and zany premise that it begged for it. Especially when you throw in two chics that LIKE GUNS! And they know how to use them! While dressing up one in a cheerleader outfit as she lights up a caddy with her Mac 10- I mean come on, give a fan boy what he wants! The mall sequence alone could have been extended, it was a damn silly and creepy scene.
The film does drag in spots as the sisters figure out what they're doing
or who they want to do.



But if you're looking for what everyone now is 
trying to re-invent as so called "80's" looking style 
movies, just go back and watch an actual one. 
In comparison they're more misses than hits on the 
new breed of these knock-offs. I'll stay with the 
classics. Though this would make a killer re-boot!